Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Remembering Pearl Harbor

It's a couple of days late but I wanted to remember those who gave the
ultimate sacrifice on Pearl Harbor Day as well as those who lived. They are
the reason we are free today and I salute them for their heroism, bravery
and sacrifice so that future generations can be free.

Many of the survivors are no longer with us. I hear that we are losing more
of these fine men and women each day. Pretty soon we won't have the
pleasure of any of their wisdom and wise counsel. They're part of the
greatest generation and we won't see another one like it I'M afraid.

My parents were young children at the time of Pearl Harbor but it's
something they lived through and grew up around. Thank you to that
generation. I hope we don't squander all that you've given us by doing some
of the questionable things that Democrats would have us do today. That won't
make for a freer society and certainly won't, in my opinion, honor those who
fought and sacrificed to keep this great country free.

Thank you again to the Greatest generation. This is one person who
appreciates what you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment