Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More like Europe Not Here

Obama has said more than once that we need to become more like Europe. My
answer is no we don't. We don't need the out of control spending that they
are now having to wrestle with. We don't need the regulation of every facet
of our lives and we don't need the debt crisis that is sure to come our way
by spending like Europe has spent and taxed too for that matter.

Spain was the third country to have its debt downgraded by Standard and
Poors or Moody's. I'm not sure which one but it's one of those two big bond
houses. Greece was downgraded to junk status. Portugal was downgraded
yesterday from what to what I'm not sure; but it wasn't good. Now we have
Spain; and I hear this may not be the last one either. Italy is on the list
as well. Where will this stop and when will people see that you can't spend
yourself into oblivion nor can you spend your way out of aneconomic crisis.
I don't care what country we're talking about.

My fear is that the U.S. could be next down the line. I say this because
the debt is going up, up and away. We can't afford to keep doing this; and
I certainly don't want to see us end up like any of the countries listed
above. As it is, foreign powers control our debt which isn't good either.
This is especially true when you consider that these countries have leverage
over us; and China is the biggest among these countries. Scary stuff to say
the least.

Just one more reason we need to take our country back and gridlock Obama
until we can get him out of office. My nieces and nephews and their
children don' t need to be dealing with this crisis and explosion of
spending. We've got to control spending. If we don't, we'll end up like
Greece, Portugal and Spain and likely Italy. The debt virus is one virus
that doesn't need to make its way to U.S. shores.

My message for the Dems is to stop spending like drunken sailors. The GOP
needs to stop enabling it too. This fall should prove to be the first step
in stopping this out-of-control spending. God I hope so for the sake of
this country. I can't say this enough. I want my country back.

No comments:

Post a Comment