Sunday, July 22, 2012

My thoughts before the bombshell that is Penn State

I won't speculate here about what will happen to Penn State and its badly
tarnished, irreparable football program. We'll find out about that tomorrow
morning early. What I would like to talk about are my thoughts headed into
this huge announcement.

I think whatever Penn State gets they will deserve. Whatever they get in
the way of punishment will be Joe Paterno's legacy. From what I am hearing,
he died at the right time because he might have ended up in prison as well.
E-mails can get you into trouble years after they are written even if you
think they are gone permanently. Let that be a lesson to us all to be
careful what we say in cyber space.

Do I think a lot of football programs will be mad at Penn State? Yes I do,
especially in the big 10 as they may not be able to have a conference
championship due to possibly only 4 teams being eligible in the leaders
division. This would mean they would have to go back to the old format.
Since everything in college sports seems to be about the money, there are
programs that might lose some money and they won't be happy.

There's speculation that Penn state will be kicked out of the Big 10. It
would serve them right if this were to happen and quite frankly I hope it
does. They deserve it as that program has ruined so many lives. At least
some of the kids in the program now are being allowed to transfer out with
eligibility prohibitions being waived by the NCAA. That's a good thing
because at least they will be able to salvage something from this mess that
they did not create.

I will have more thoughts in about 8.5 hours when the announcement comes
out.

No comments:

Post a Comment