Tuesday, July 10, 2007

You picked a fine time to leave me

You might wonder what the title means and why I chose it. Read
on and you will find out just how appropriate the title is.

Last night I was sitting in the Candidates' forum at the ACB
convention. My right hearing aid was working when I went in; but
by the time I left, it was not working to the point that sound
was barely coming out of it if at all. This is a pain because it
makes it harder to hear other people, not to mention localize
sound. It also made it hard to hear others when I was using an
ALD at convention. What a major pain in what you sit on.

This morning I called my audiologist's office and N answered the
phone. I told her what was going on and inquired as to whether I
could get an appointment on Monday. I was told that this would
not be possible due to the fact that one of the audiologists is
on vacation. The other audiologist did not have a longer
appointment until Tuesday the 21st. I chose to keep my current
appointment. N thought that the problem might be moisture due to
humidity but upon further reflection I am not sure this is the
case. What I forgot to tell N is that I have been in Florida
during the summer, having been in Jacksonville in 2006 for the
same convention, and I did not have any problems while there. I
had the current hearing aids back then as well. There's
something going on and I intend to get to the bottom of it next
week. I didn't think of this when I was on the phone with N this
morning.

Tonight the left one started misbehaving and I also intend to get
to the bottom of that one because, as my husband said, these
things shouldn't be this sensitive to humidity and moisture.

I've had nothing but trouble with the right one for about the
last month. I'm in the process of going through the lovely
process of replacing an ear mold on the right side. What fun!
(hahahah!) That problem also started while I was out of town but
that wasn't out of state. This one was. What is it about
traveling anyway?

Well that hearing aid did pick a fine time to leave me. And now
you know the reason for the title and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment