Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weight loss and healthy eating: A work in progress

It's been a while since I've updated you on my weight loss and healthy
eating journey. I've lost about 20 lbs and want to keep it going. I have a
goal to get under a certain number by the end of June and am working on
that. Am I there yet? No, but I'll get there. It's a journey and you
never completely arrive as you're always working on it and trying to get
there.

Have I notice changes yet? Yes I have. For example, when we go out to
breakfast, I don't get the hash browns when I order eggs and bacon. I'll
substitute fruit for that, something I would not have done in the past.
However, I know how many calories I'm avoiding by substituting fruit for
hash browns and it's significant.

I don't eat at McDonald's as much and when I do, I get certain items which
don't include a medium or large fries any longer. I just get a small fries
when I get them which, unfortunately, is most of the time. When getting
chicken McNuggets, I don't get the sauce anymore. This saves some calories
right there.

When cooking at home, I only eat half of a baked potato most of the time.
This also cuts down on calories. We also don't eat potato chips at home for
the most part.

Do other changes need to be made? Yes but this will come with time and
effort. As I said, it's a journey and you must take it one day at a time.

Here's to continuing that journey to become the best I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment