Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adventures with a chili can

It was Super Bowl Sunday and my husband and I were making a dip to celebrate
prior to the game. There was one problem though. I was getting my
ingredients together as it was my turn to make the dip. It's a real easy
recipe too. I had the cream cheese and the chili and I knew where the
shredded cheese was. The problems is that I then lost track of the can of
chili.

I thought it was over by the chips on the south counter of our kitchen. We
both looked all over for it. And a minor shouting match was had over this
with me accusing him of throwing the thing out and him saying he didn't do
it. I finally went to a neighbor's place to have him help us look for the
can as both of us are blind. The neighbor found the can immediately when he
walked in. It was sitting on the north counter pretty as you please. If it
was any closer, it would have bitten both of us in the nose. I did move it
and forgot that I had done so. Boy was I embarrassed. How many shades of
red could I turn for that one? Also where was the nearest hole that I could
crawl into?

Believe me we had some laughter and a discussion with the can after that
one. The can of chili was promptly put into the dip and the dip prepared
and consumed. That can would not haunt us again..

No comments:

Post a Comment